This timeless Europe river cruise vacation begins with two nights in vibrant Budapest, Hungary, then sail along the Danube River with exciting stops in Austria and Germany, and end with three nights in Prague—the capital of the Czech Republic.
In Budapest, Hungary’s lively capital, marvel at the eight bridges spanning the river and enjoy an introduction to the city by a local expert who shows you the must-see sights. As you leave Budapest and sail up the Danube River, you’ll have Hungary on your left and Slovakia on your right as the river runs between both countries for a 58-mile stretch. Vienna, Austria, offers stunning St. Stephen’s Cathedral, the Hofburg Palace, and the Vienna Opera House. In the heart of the Wachau wine region is Dürnstein, a 16th-century town with charming cobblestone streets and the baroque Stiftskirche with its luminous blue façade. In Melk, visit Austria’s majestic Benedictine Abbey, one of Europe’s largest monasteries, and enjoy a tasting of some of the Wachau Valley’s famous wines. You’ll love a guided walk through Passau, with its narrow streets and beautiful Patrician houses, all dominated by St. Stephen’s Cathedral—a masterpiece of Italian baroque architecture. Further up the Danube River, you’ll come to the medieval walls of Regensburg. Being the only German city not bombed during WWII, it offers at least 1,300 buildings of historic interest. Your last stop is the thousand-year-old city of Nuremberg, where you’ll marvel at the medieval fortifications, extraordinary gothic churches, and the Imperial Castle.
Disembark and travel to beautiful Prague, known as the “Golden City.” See the sights with a Local Guide and explore on your own. Stroll across Charles Bridge, mix with the locals on Wenceslaus Square, and shop for hand-cut crystal and art books. A perfect ending to a memorable river cruise vacation!
Now through August 29, 2017 – you can book this Danube Discovery cruise and save $2,000 per couple and receive $299 per person roundtrip airfare from select cities!
Our top pick:
13-Day Blue Danube Discovery
Dates: November 27, 2018 and December 12, 2018 (other dates may be available)
Fare: From $2,409 per person double occupancy
Special Offer: Book now and save $2,000 per couple and receive $299 per person roundtrip airfare from select cities
Book By: August 29, 2017
Day 1 Budapest: welcome to Budapest!
Day 2 Budapest: guided sightseeing, see Fishermen’s Bastion and Heroes’ Square
Day 3 Budapest (Embarkation): onboard welcome reception
Day 4 Budapest–Vienna: cruising
Day 5 Vienna: guided sightseeing
Day 6 Dürnstein–Melk: guided walk in Dürnstein, see the Stiftskirche; guided visit of the Benedictine Abbey; wine tasting
Day 7 Passau: guided walk
Day 8 Regensburg: guided walk; enjoy a snack at the Historische Wurstküche; beer tasting
Day 9 Nuremberg: choice of guided sightseeing, or Nuremberg Rally Grounds tour
Day 10 Nuremberg (Disembarkation)–Prague: travel to Prague
Days 11-12 Prague: guided sightseeing, see the Astronomical Clock and visit Hradčany Castle grounds; free time
Day 13 Prague: your vacation ends this morning
Book by August 29, 2017 to take advantage of these savings. Fill out this easy quote request form to your right or call one of our river cruise experts today at 800-750-7839.
Here are some of the features and amenities you’ll experience on board our Avalon ships.
- Panoramic windows throughout.
- Elegant, contemporary design.
- Remarkable service.
- Included excursions with Certified Local Guides.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
- 24-hour self-serve beverage station.
- Premium coffees, cappuccinos & lattes.
- Upscale bar serving premium spirits.
- Fitness Center with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Comfort Collection BedsSM.
- Premium L’Occitane bath products.
- Large bathrooms – showers with glass doors.
- Flatscreen satellite TV with movie channels.
- Spacious 3-door closets for ample storage.
- Complimentary bottled water daily.
- Choice of regional, Western and vegetarian dishes.
- Daily early- and late-riser breakfasts.
- Full buffet breakfast with sparkling wine.
- Complimentary juices with breakfast.
- Made-to-order egg station at breakfast.
- Daily full breakfast buffet with hot/cold menu items.
- Complimentary soft drinks with lunch.
- Daily lunch buffet with pasta and carving stations.
- Alternate grill fare at the Sky Bistro (weather permitting).
- Chef-inspired regional recipes.
- Four-course dinners with open seating.
- Nightly choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrées, desserts or cheese.
- Complimentary wine (including regional) at dinner.
- Complimentary soft drinks or beer with dinner.
- Night Fare served at 10:30 pm.
- Well-stocked library with books, cards and games.
- Headsets for shore excursions.
- Professional Cruise Director.
- Friendly, English-speaking crew.
- Non-smoking interior.
- Light dinners and wines in the Panorama Bistro on Suite Ships®.
- And, much more.