Now is the time to plan a memorable river cruise on the magnificent European waterways. See stunning scenery as you pass castles, cathedrals, vineyards, and charming towns and villages. Dock in the heart of town and explore like the locals by foot or bicycle.
Save $500 per couple on select 2017 and 2018 sailings when you book your cruise by April 4, 2017.
Our top pick:
Blue Danube Discovery Cruise 8-Day River Cruise from Budapest to Nuremburg From $1,398 per person (11/29/17 and 12/13/17)
The delightful Danube sets the stage for this incredible journey as you sail through beautiful scenery and quaint towns. Begin in Budapest, Hungary, where you board your river cruise vessel and sail westward, with guided sightseeing in magical Vienna, Passau, and medieval Regensburg. Also take a guided walk in the charming town of Dürnstein and see the baroque Stiftskirche, and visit the awe-inspiring Benedictine Abbey in Melk. Enjoy wine tasting in Melk and beer tasting in fascinating Regensburg. Finally disembark your ship in Nuremberg, Germany. All of this and more await you on this marvelous vacation!
HIGHLIGHTS & SIGHTSEEING:
Cruise: deluxe 7-night cruise in an outside stateroom with Avalon’s exclusive Comfort Collection BedsSM
Day 1 Budapest, Hungary (Embarkation): onboard welcome reception
Day 2 Budapest–Vienna: cruising
Day 3 Vienna: guided sightseeing
Day 4 Dürnstein–Melk: guided walk in Dürnstein, see the Stiftskirche; guided visit of the Benedictine Abbey and wine tasting
Day 5 Passau: guided walk
Day 6 Regensburg: guided walk; enjoy a snack at the Historische Wurstküche; beer tasting
Day 7 Roth–Nuremberg: choice of guided sightseeing in Roth, or guided sightseeing in Nuremberg
Day 8 Nuremberg (Disembarkation): your vacation ends this morning
Special onboard and onshore experiences presented by entertainers, artisans, and experts, designed to enrich your cruise.
Enjoy a special local treat of sausage, sauerkraut & beer.
Book by April 4, 2017 to take advantage of these savings. Fill out this easy quote request form to your right or call one of our river cruise experts today at 877-861-8474.
Here are some of the features and amenities you’ll experience on board our Avalon ships.
- Panoramic windows throughout.
- Elegant, contemporary design.
- Remarkable service.
- Included excursions with Certified Local Guides.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
- 24-hour self-serve beverage station.
- Premium coffees, cappuccinos & lattes.
- Upscale bar serving premium spirits.
- Fitness Center with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Comfort Collection BedsSM.
- Premium L’Occitane bath products.
- Large bathrooms – showers with glass doors.
- Flatscreen satellite TV with movie channels.
- Spacious 3-door closets for ample storage.
- Complimentary bottled water daily.
- Choice of regional, Western and vegetarian dishes.
- Daily early- and late-riser breakfasts.
- Full buffet breakfast with sparkling wine.
- Complimentary juices with breakfast.
- Made-to-order egg station at breakfast.
- Daily full breakfast buffet with hot/cold menu items.
- Complimentary soft drinks with lunch.
- Daily lunch buffet with pasta and carving stations.
- Alternate grill fare at the Sky Bistro (weather permitting).
- Chef-inspired regional recipes.
- Four-course dinners with open seating.
- Nightly choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrées, desserts or cheese.
- Complimentary wine (including regional) at dinner.
- Complimentary soft drinks or beer with dinner.
- Night Fare served at 10:30 pm.
- Well-stocked library with books, cards and games.
- Headsets for shore excursions.
- Professional Cruise Director.
- Friendly, English-speaking crew.
- Non-smoking interior.
- Light dinners and wines in the Panorama Bistro on Suite Ships®.
- And, much more.